[ros-users] RVIZ error

Vinay K vinay.csir at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 00:57:15 UTC 2010

Hi Josh,

Here is the detail:-

I checked on ubuntu 9.04 terminal with the command " $ sudo lspci |more "
and found that "VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 series
chipset integrated graphics controller".

However under System ->Administration ->Hardware Drivers ; I found that "no
proprietary drivers are in use on this system"

Secondly,once again I tested slam_gmapping tutorial
http://www.ros.org/wiki/slam_gmapping/Tutorials/MappingFromLoggedData#download,
while running 3rd step i.e. Variation: watching the mapping progress,
got this error (mentioned below)

vros at ubuntu:~$ rosrun nav_view nav_view /static_map:=/dynamic_map
argv[0]: /opt/ros/boxturtle/stacks/navigation/nav_view/bin/nav_view
argv[1]: /static_map:=/dynamic_map
[ WARN] 0.000000000: Failed to create full-size map texture, likely because
your graphics card does not support textures of size > 2048.  Downsampling
to [2048 x 2048]...

Please have a look, looking forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Vinay