[ros-users] RVIZ error

Benoit Larochelle Benoit.Larochelle at dfki.de
Tue Jul 13 13:32:03 UTC 2010

Hi Vinay,

This error looks similar to the one that you get if you try to run RVIZ in a virtual machine:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Ogre::RenderingAPIException'
  what():  OGRE EXCEPTION(3:RenderingAPIException): No GLX FBConfig support on your display in GLXGLSupport::GLXGLSupport at OgreGLXGLSupport.cpp (line 788)
/opt/ros/boxturtle/ros/bin/rosrun: line 35:  1634 Aborted                 $exepath "$@"

On my MacBook Pro, here are the drivers if I run Ubuntu 10.4 native and in a VirtualBox VM:

02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation C79 [GeForce9400M] (rev b1)

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: InnoTek Systemberatung GmbH VirtualBox Graphics Adapter

I don't know what the second one is, but it does support 3D. I have the 3D Desktop Cube, and it is virtually as fast as native Ubuntu. However, I still cannot run RVIZ (due to Ogre). Tickets have been filed about this problem at VirtualBox and at Ogre, but no one has taken them seriously so far (the tickets have been sitting there for months and are still not assigned), so I doubt that it will be resolved soon.

Benoit