[ros-users] object grasping pipeline and tutorials

Hao Dang dang at cs.columbia.edu
Tue Jul 13 23:41:01 UTC 2010

Yes, I did several check-outs today and saw the versions changed.  I just
checked out the most recent version.  The problem seemed disappear.  Thank
you for making this out so fast.

However, sorry to use this word, after I rosrun pr2_pick_and_place_demos
pick_and_place_keyboard_interface,

When I tried to move the right arm to the side, I got
[ INFO] [1279063864.999954115]: waitForService: Service
[/right_arm/get_ik_solver_info] has not been advertised, waiting...

When I tried to close the gripper on the right arm, I got
[ INFO] [1279063889.385763753]: Waiting for action client
right_arm/hand_posture_execution, remapped to
/right_arm/hand_posture_execution

I checked rostopic list, and there is NO such a topic called /right_arm/...
Maybe there is some other update missing?

The ROS we are using on the PR2 is now 1.1.14

The svn info inside object_manipulation stack gave me

  Repository Root: https://code.ros.org/svn/wg-ros-pkg
  Repository UUID: 7275ad9f-c29b-430a-bdc5-66f4b3af1622
  Revision: 40906
  Node Kind: directory
  Schedule: normal
  Last Changed Author: kaijenhsiao
  Last Changed Rev: 40851
  Last Changed Date: 2010-07-12 22:13:18 -0700 (Mon, 12 Jul 2010)

Thank you!

Hao