[ros-users] uv mapping for meshes for urdf model

John Hsu johnhsu at willowgarage.com
Thu Jul 15 22:23:50 UTC 2010

Hi Grace,
For cturtle and on, you should be able to use a textured COLLADA mesh (mesh
only, no kinematics) inside your urdf for gazebo or rviz.  For reference,
take a look at the COLLADA mesh (
pr2_description/meshes/gripper_v0/l_finger.dae<https://code.ros.org/svn/wg-ros-pkg/stacks/pr2_common/tags/cturtle/pr2_description/meshes/gripper_v0/l_finger.dae>)
which refers to a texture map
(l_finger_color.tif)<https://code.ros.org/svn/wg-ros-pkg/stacks/pr2_common/tags/cturtle/pr2_description/meshes/gripper_v0/l_finger_color.tif>in
the same directory.  These mesh files are referred to by thegripper
urdf xacro module<https://code.ros.org/svn/wg-ros-pkg/stacks/pr2_common/tags/cturtle/pr2_description/urdf/gripper_v0/gripper.urdf.xacro>.
If you have a sample urdf working, it will be much appreciated if you can
share your experience setting it up.
Thanks,
John