[ros-users] vSLAM demo?

Helen Oleynikova eoleynikova at willowgarage.com
Fri Jul 16 00:23:20 UTC 2010

Hi Rishi,
VSLAM is currently research/development code, so it's not well-documented or
stable yet.
There is some documentation for SBA (sparse bundle adjustment), which is an
underlying part of VSLAM that you might find relevant at
http://www.ros.org/wiki/sba/Tutorials.
For VSLAM itself, a good way to get started is to look at test_bag.launch
and stereo_vslam_node (src/nodes/stereo_vslam_node.cpp) in the vslam_system
package.
Please note that the code is liable to change considerably in the near
future, however.

Hope that helps,
Helen