[ros-users] Basic navigation for pioneer robot using p2os and other stacks (Navigation stack) /packages

Eitan Marder-Eppstein eitan at willowgarage.com
Fri Jul 16 02:24:51 UTC 2010

Vinay,

The RobotSetup tutorial is robot agnostic... meaning that it provides
general steps to get the navigation stack running on any robot. In order to
have a good chance at successfully completing the tutorial, you'll first
need to figure out how to get data from your sensors published over ROS,
odometry data published over ROS, and the base of your robot accepting
velocity commands over ROS. I believe the p2os driver provides much of this
for the Pioneer platform... do you have it running successfully?

Hope this helps,

Eitan