[ros-users] Dependencies of a stack

Miguel Prada miguel.register at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 17:49:38 UTC 2010

You have to keep in mind that each time you run

export ROS_PACKAGE_PATH=/my/package/path

you are overwriting the previous value of that variable. That's why it cannot find where the base ROS packages are. In any case, the path I told you before was not correct, I think it should work if you remove the line that says

export ROS_PACKAGE_PATH=/home/mars/ros/stacks

and substitute the line that says

export ROS_PACKAGE_PATH=/home/mars/ros/omnibot

with

export ROS_PACKAGE_PATH=/home/mars/ros/omnibot:$ROS_PACKAGE_PATH

That way you are prepending your package path to the previous content of ROS_PACKAGE_PATH instead of substituting it.

Miguel.