[ros-users] Basic navigation for pioneer robot using p2os

nitinDhiman nitinkdhiman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 07:34:35 UTC 2010

Hi Vinay,

I have pioneer 2dx base platform. Robot does not have any computation
platform with it! I am trying to communicate to it using Serial port for my
workstation. So, I set both ROS_MASTER_URI and ROS_MASTER_IP to localhost. I
believe both processes are running on same machine so this setting shall
suffice. Am I wrong in doing so?
I can echo topics  batter_statur, sonar, motor_state, etc.

About enabling motors to 1, i did press motor switch. It makes robo move
about I believe it is some default behaviour. It moves 360 degree on each
wheel alternatively.

I will look into tutorial again and will reply if problem persists.

Thanks and regards
nitin