[ros-users] Clear cells in costmap with max laser range

Roderick de Nijs rsdenijs at lsr.ei.tum.de
Mon Jul 19 12:08:28 UTC 2010

Thanks Eitan, Brian for the help,

In outdoor environments I have no other option but to clear. Since I
want the robot to navigate down
the sidewalk, it should be able clear the cells in this direction.

Good idea the filter+clearing, seems doable :)

Dipl-Ing Roderick de Nijs | rsdenijs at tum.de
Institute of Automatic Control Engineering (LSR)
Technische Universitaet Muenchen, D-80290 Munich, Germany
tel: +49(89)289-23416 | http://www.lsr.ei.tum.de