[ros-users] Basic navigation for pioneer robot using p2os and other stacks (Navigation stack) /packages

Rishi Bedi rbedi100 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 14:31:52 UTC 2010

Hi Vinay,
If you want to set the robot's velocity by directly publishing
messages to the cmd_vel topic (from the command line), try this:
rostopic pub /cmd_vel geometry_msgs/Twist '[0,0,0]' '[0,0,0]'

Replace the 0s for values you want to set, with the first 3 being
linear velocity and the latter 3 being angular velocity.
-Rishi

Rishi Bedi
rbedi100 at gmail.com