[ros-users] Python Versions

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Mon Jul 19 21:58:45 UTC 2010

It will be a long time before ROS can be compatible with Python3k.
Many of the required libraries are far from being Python3k compatible.
For example, numpy still hasn't released their Py3k support (though
it's available from SVN). The syntax incompatibilities will make it
difficult to maintain compatibility for a codebase as diverse as the
ros-pkg universe, though we have tried to be careful with our Python
style guide to make the leap as small as possible:

http://www.ros.org/wiki/PyStyleGuide

 - Ken