[ros-users] Installing ROS on Nokia N900

Sebastien Lelong sebastien.lelong at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 10:20:00 UTC 2010

Hi guys,

I've done some more work in order to easily install ROS on N900. I've
finally been able to cross-compile it with scratchbox and create deb
packages. Those are available here, as an APT repository:

   http://code.google.com/p/ros-n900/

(this is also where I plan to put more packages dedicated to N900).

I'll update ROSN900 wiki page as well.

I had a lot of troubles cross-compiling ROS under scratchbox, mostly because
compilation was just hanging (ps fax shows [Z]ombie regularly created for
some Makefile). I needed to relaunch the process several time and had to
patch a rosmake lib to mark package as built (ROS_NOBUILD) as soon as it's
built (PASS), not when reaching the end of compilation of all packages...
Without such modification, compilation can sometime indefinitely fail (on
randomly different packages). I guess this is related to some troubles with
Scratchbox, I just don't know...

Cheers,
Seb