[ros-users] Attach two urdf models in Gazebo

Yeon Grace Lee yeongrace.lee at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 16:34:18 UTC 2010

Hi I have a follow up question regarding spawning urdf model in gazebo.
Currently, I have all the links and joints in one urdf file (I am using an
xml format, not xacro, though I intend to convert from one to the other in
the future). What I am wondering is if my model were to move two or more
joints simultaneously, does this necessitate having separate urdf models for
each part of the body?

And by the way, how do you make the joints move in gazebo? Pointer to a
tutorial page would help me out very much.

Thanks!

-Grace