[ros-users] remap for rosparameters

Eitan Marder-Eppstein eitan at willowgarage.com
Wed Jul 21 01:55:50 UTC 2010

Travis,

If you run the normal navigation stack at the same time as assisted teleop,
you're correct in that each will maintain its own occupancy grid. At some
point, I want to re-implement the navigation stack using nodelets which
would allow for things like the costmap to have a ROS interface that could
be used by multiple nodes/nodelets, but that's for the future.

As far as your remapping call goes, you're almost there, but you have to be
explicit about using the private namespace. This is a bit unintuitive
because using the "param" tag within a "node" tag automatically puts things
in the private namespace, but the "remap" tag does not. I guess this is so
that parameter remappings and topic remappings are consistent, but its
admittedly kind of a pain. So, if you change your remaps to look like the
ones I've pasted below, I think things should work:

<remap from="~/costmap" to="move_base_node/local_costmap" />
<remap from="~/planner" to="move_base_node/TrajectoryPlannerROS" />

Hope this helps,

Eitan