[ros-users] transformPointCloud

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Wed Jul 21 02:29:22 UTC 2010

Sanja,
    The python implementation does not have that method defined.  You can do
this in approximately one one in python.

Note: This is pseudo code but you should get the gist.
points_out = [ listener.transformPoint("target_frame",
PointStamped(point_cloud.header, p).point for p in point_cloud.points]

If you're worried about efficiency you can also use lookupTransform and
multiply the matrix.

Tully

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 1:53 PM, Sanja Popovic <sanja at mit.edu> wrote:

> Dear ROS users,
>
> I am trying to use tf with the PointCloud data I have but I keep getting a
> message that TransformListener has no object attribute transformPointCloud.
> Is tf for Python just lacking this function or do I need to do more than
> just importing tf? The same code works for transforming individual points,
> but PointClouds are the source of trouble.
>
> Thanks,
> Sanja

Tully Foote
Systems Engineer