[ros-users] gmapping errors

Rishi Bedi rbedi100 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 16:03:06 UTC 2010

Okay-- it turns out that gmapping cannot run at the same time as
p2os_driver -- it's not the installation of other packages that was a
problem, but rather, running them simultaneously.
So, now, with p2os nodes killed, gmapping works with the test data
set. (basic_localization_stage.bag). Now, however, I've recorded a
bagfile of my robot (using rosbag record /scan /tf), and I tried to
run gmapping with that -- gmapping outputs nothing, in this case. When
I 'rosbag play' the test bagfile, the gmapping node outputs messages,
saying it is receiving data -- but it doesn't do so with my generated
bagfile (and to confirm that nothing is happening, rosrun map_server
map_saver outputs nothing).

Thx,
Rishi

Rishi Bedi