[ros-users] pcl normals

Radu Bogdan Rusu rusu at willowgarage.com
Thu Jul 22 20:36:05 UTC 2010

Michael,

We're looking into this. We did some preliminary tests and we were sure that the loss of precision is not that big, so
we were alternating between Xf and Xd for some time. Obviously, Xf fits into SSE nicely, while Xd requires extra
computation time. Good to hear about the bug report, let's see what they say. We did go with Xd for Moving Least Squares
as there the loss was larger.

Can you please send me the dataset in question so we can test it here as well? That would be great. I'll start a thread
offline as this might take a couple of iterations to solve (the old precision vs speed problem).

Thanks,
Radu.