[ros-users] slam_gmapping crashing

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Tue Jul 27 19:20:48 UTC 2010

hi Gonçalo,

It's odd that slam_gmapping is receiving a SIGKILL.  Can you try
running it in gdb, outside roslaunch?  Something like:

$ roscd gmapping
$ gdb bin/slam_gmapping
(gdb) r

If it still dies from SIGKILL, then there's nothing that gdb is going
to be able to tell you.  If it dies from something else, then you
should try to get a backtrace from gdb.

You might try running inside valgrind, to see if you get a different result:

$ roscd gmapping
$ valgrind -v bin/slam_gmapping

	brian.