[ros-users] Cliff sensors on the navigation stack

Eitan Marder-Eppstein eitan at willowgarage.com
Fri Jul 30 18:33:35 UTC 2010

Gancalo,

It should be possible to make the navigation stack aware of this
information. As Dan mentioned, you can publish a LaserScan or PointCloud
in-front of the cliff that will keep the robot from driving there. You'll
just have to configure the costmap to take in this sensor data, for which
the relevant documentation is here:
http://www.ros.org/wiki/costmap_2d#Sensor_management_parameters

Hope this helps,

Eitan