[ros-users] Marker and Camera overlay in rviz

Ivan Dryanovski ivan.dryanovski at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 16:53:44 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am sending some markers to be visualized in rviz. They come out
fine. I also have a Camera display showing a video from an image
topic. The video is also coming out fine in the Camera window. I was
expecting to be able to see the markers also appear in the "Camera"
window, similar to this ROS video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i--Sd4xH9ZE at around 0:20. However, I
don't see anything in the Camera window other than the images.

I have set the alpha of the camera to 0.2, and all the tf between the
world frame and camera frame is fine.

I'm getting the following error in the camera: "CameraInfo/P resulted
in an invalid position calculation (nans or infs)". I checked the
camera_info topic, and all the calibration values are set to 0. Is
that the source of the problem?

Thanks,

Ivan Dryanovski