[ros-users] ROS 1.1.8 released

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Mon Jun 7 22:22:00 UTC 2010

ROS 1.1.8 has been released. This is the *feature freeze* release of
ROS. Future releases in the ROS 1.1.x series will be bug-fix only, and
ROS 1.2 will be based on the features and APIs of this release. Now
that ROS is feature frozen, we encourage developers to test
integration with ROS 1.1.8 and report any problems you find. This
release should be backwards-compatible with ROS 1.0, though we have
removed APIs that were deprecated in the ROS 1.0 release.

To report bugs, please use the ROS issue issue tracker:

https://code.ros.org/trac/ros

This release focused on new features for rosbag and rxbag, as well as
new APIs for rosbuild, new std_msgs/Time and Duration msgs, and a
'rosclean' tool for easily removing log files.  You can find the full
change list here:

http://www.ros.org/wiki/ROS/ChangeList/1.1#A1.1.8_.282010-06-07.29

The SVN tag will will be using for testing the ROS 1.2 release candidates is:
https://code.ros.org/svn/ros/stacks/ros/tags/cturtle

We will soon be releasing an alpha version of ROS C-Turtle, so please
stay tuned.

 -- your friendly neighborhood ROS development team