[ros-users] Correct way to start rosbag play in launch file?

Patrick Bouffard bouffard at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Jun 9 06:59:15 UTC 2010

In boxturtle I was able to create launch files that were used to
replay sensor data through algorithms. I would do something like this:

<node pkg="rosbag" type="rosbag" name="rosbag" args="play -s 10
--clock /path/to/bagfile.bag" />

However with cturtle this no longer seems to work. "rosbag" does not
appear to be a recognized node type of the rosbag package. Instead it
recognizes type="play", however it seems that the commandline
arguments are back to the old, "rosplay" style (i.e. for the above the
options would be '-t 10 -b'). If I do this:

<node pkg="rosbag" type="play" name="rosbag" args="play -t 10 -b
/path/to/bagfile.bag" />

.. it no longer complains about the options but I still get:

[ INFO] [0.000000000]: Opening /path/to/bagfile.bag
[ INFO] [0.000000000]: Opening __name:=rosbag
[FATAL] [0.000000000]: Error opening file: __name:=rosbag

What is the 'correct' way to start rosbag play with options from
within a launch file, specifically in cturtle and also in boxturtle,
if what I had started with above is not advised?

Thanks,
Pat