[ros-users] rviz / tf fixed frame problem

Ugo Cupcic ugo at shadowrobot.com
Wed Jun 9 16:51:39 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm having some problem displaying some /tf in rviz. I'm working on
displaying a hand in rviz.

Here is the situation:
I have a robot_state_publisher transforming joint_datas to tf, and I can
view the model in rviz, using a frame published by the
robot_state_publisher (/srh/position/shadow_forearm). This works fine, I
see my whole hand, I can move the fingers, etc...

I'm then publishing a fixed transform: <node pkg="tf"
type="static_transform_publisher" name="fixed_frame_pos_pub" args="0 0 0
0 0 0 fixed  /srh/position/shadow_forearm 20" /> which transforms the
/srh/position/shadow_forearm to /fixed. This fixed transform is published.
When I view this new /tf in rviz, the forearm goes to /fixed frame which
is fine, but I get errors for all the other joints saying "No transform
from [srh/position/lfdistal] to [/fixed]". The other joints are then not
displayed (no transform).

However, the transform from shadow_forearm to fixed is published and the
transform from the rest of the joints to shadow_forearm are published as
well.

Any ideas ?

(I hope I was clear :S)

Cheers,

Ugo

Ugo Cupcic         |  Shadow Robot Company | ugo at shadowrobot.com
Software Engineer      251 Liverpool Road
need a Hand?           London  N1 1LX       | +44 20 7700 2487
http://www.shadowrobot.com/hand/              @shadowrobot