[ros-users] Storing many files in a database ROS style

Billy Okal b.okal at jacobs-university.de
Fri Jun 11 20:38:00 UTC 2010

Dear Ros Users,

I am writting a ros package to emulate a database in which I want to store
many(1000+) text files(each containing about 4000 float values). Originally
I though of using bag files to store this info but now it looks like thats
not what I want. Basically I want to store these files and be able to
perform Addition, Deletion, and Querying(compare one text file against all
the rest to infer some properties of grasps). Right now I have made Ros msg
representing the text files and can move them around ros, but the problem is
storing these messages in some lasting memory so that I just load the
database(which I can also make a ros message) in the beginning and to stuff
then write it back.

Does anybody have experience in this or something related or just some ideas
I could use to go about this? Also I need to querying to be really fast(the
goal is real time control)

--
Best Regards,

Billy Okal

sure vi is user friendly, its just particular about who to be friends with