[ros-users] Switch behaviours in ROS

Roderick de Nijs rsdenijs at lsr.ei.tum.de
Mon Jun 14 13:06:39 UTC 2010

Hi there!

I wanted to know what mechanisms you use to switch from one behaviour to
another. For instance, an autonomous robot may want to stop the
exploration behaviour(a node that sends goals to move_base) when certain
conditions are met,  like some feature detected in the environment.
Later on, we might want to continue running the exploration.

Essentially I want to decide which node runs at each moment. What are
the options for implementing such behaviour-switching abilities?

Thank you,

Roderick de Nijs

Dipl-Ing Roderick de Nijs | rsdenijs at tum.de
Institute of Automatic Control Engineering (LSR)
Technische Universitaet Muenchen, D-80290 Munich, Germany
tel: +49(89)289-23416 | http://www.lsr.ei.tum.de