[ros-users] call for testing: camera1394 in C-turtle

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 15:30:47 UTC 2010

A new camera1394 driver has been released to the C-turtle SVN
repository. It includes numerous API changes from the review process.
(This version has not yet appeared in the binary packages.)

There is also documentation and preliminary tutorials matching this interface:

  http://www.ros.org/wiki/camera1394
  http://www.ros.org/wiki/camera1394/Tutorials

Most of the tutorials are incomplete, but there is already enough
information to be helpful. (Documentation review coming soon.)

Most unit testing was on Ubuntu Karmic (AMD 64-bit dual-core) with
1394a bus, a Unibrain Fire-i, and a Sony XCD-SX90CR (using a bilingual
cable). I especially need test results on Ubuntu Lucid and Mac OS X,
and for as many different cameras as possible.

If you run tests, please respond to this message (on or off list),
listing each processor type, operating system, bus type (1394a or
1394b), and camera model tried. Mention any problems you encounter,
and whether it could be made to work.

There is no Troubleshooting page yet for camera1394. I'll create an
empty one to use for feedback on problems and workarounds.
--
 joq