[ros-users] Python OpenCV Roadmap?

Advait Jain advait at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Jun 16 18:41:09 UTC 2010

What does IPLImage being deprecated mean? Is IPLImage also being
deprecated from the C++ implementation?

Will functions like LoadImage, QueryFrame, CloneImage return and use
CvMat objects instead of IPLImages? Will the CreateImage,
CreateImageHeader functions no longer exist soon? Should I stop using
these functions?

I detected this inconistency (C++ cv_bridge returns an IPLImage whereas
Python cv_bridge returns a CvMat) when I sent an image over ROS, used
the cv_bridge python implementation to get it back into opencv and got
an error when I tried to use the CloneImage function.

Currently, cv_bridge returning CvMat means that the object type of opencv
images is different if I send them over ROS or load them from disk.

Is there a wiki page which has the roadmap for the Python bindings for
opencv?

Thanks,

Advait