[ros-users] stage doubts

Narasimhan Rajagopal narasimhan1990 at yahoo.co.in
Thu Jun 17 17:54:16 UTC 2010

i have created sample  .png file and .world files for my project(to simulate maze solver). in this tutorial http://www.ros.org/wiki/simulator_stage/Tutorials/SimulatingOneRobot , we can use the keyboard to move the robot by the command "rosrun teleop_base teleop_base_keyboard base_controller/command:=cmd_vel". is there a way to give coordinates of a point and ask the robot to navigate and move to the point by itself avoiding obstacles(walls).
here's the image of the sample maze. http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/5139/samplemaze.jpg
there are 4 entry/exit points(marked A,B,C and D).
say i want the robot to enter at A and exit at C. is there a way to provide coordinates of the entry and exit points(or better just specify as A and C) and the robot moves by itself. this is just simulation not real robots. so i would prefer just to edit the stage package or teleop_base package instead of creating it from scratch(since thats what ros is meant for re-usability of codes).