[ros-users] Gazebo C-Turtle API angle translation bug?

Leonardo Scandolo lscandolo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 13:10:43 UTC 2010

Hello, I've been trying out the new CTurtle Gazebo API and I've seem to
stumbled into a bug, but since I'm not really sure about it maybe you can
clarify the behavior I'm seeing before creating a ticket.

The problem is this: when using the gazebo/set_model_state service,
apparently the orientation quaternion appears to be translated to roll pitch
and yaw and handed to gazebo, but the problem is that the rpy values handed
are in radians and gazebo seems to work with degrees.
Even if I input the orientation quaternion obtained from
gazebo/get_model_state back in through gazebo/set_model_state, it will
produce the same error (the quat obtained from get_model_state seems to be
correct). For example if the rpy in the gazebo gui for a model is '90 0 0',
I will get orientation quat '0.707114 0 0 0.7071' from get_model_state, send
it back in through set_model_state and it will come up as rpy '0.78 0 0' in
gazebo, which is the correct rpy, only that now it is in radians. Am I
missing something here ?

Leonardo Scandolo