[ros-users] Another gazebo crash...

Kirila Adamova kirila.adamova at dfki.de
Tue Jun 22 10:31:07 UTC 2010

Hey all,

I am getting the following error after running gazebo with my robot:
gazebo: OgreShadowCaster.cpp:225: virtual void
Ogre::ShadowCaster::generateShadowVolume(Ogre::EdgeData*, const
Ogre::HardwareIndexBufferSharedPtr&, const Ogre::Light*,
std::vector<Ogre::ShadowRenderable*,
std::allocator<Ogre::ShadowRenderable*> >&, long unsigned int):
Assertion `v1 < 65536 && v0 < 65536 && (v0 + originalVertexCount) <
65536 && "Vertex count exceeds 16-bit index limit!"' failed.
[gazebo-2] process has died [pid 16458, exit code -6].

The interesting part is that yesterday it was working all fine, today I
made a few changes, it crashed, so I undid everything and it still
crashes. Meanwhile, Ubuntu installed some updates that might have caused
the problem. If anybody knows what I need to change, please let me know.

Best,
Kirila