[ros-users] rviz plugin

Felix Endres endres at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Jun 22 12:44:19 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I was thinking about writing a teleop node that lets
me select one of PR2's tf-frames and move the according
joint graphically. It seems to me, making it an rviz
plugin would be the right choice, as a lot of
functionality would be given. I think this wouldn't
be too complex to implement. However, the wiki says:

> If you're a programmer and are looking to write a plugin,
> there is no documentation at this time. This is on
> purpose, as the plugin API is not considered stable,
> and so is not yet ready to be supported.

So my question is, whether it is indeed a bad idea to
make such an rviz plugin at this point in time.
Otherwise, where would I get the necessary documentation?
I am using latest, are there any plugins I could use as
a starting point?

Regards,
Felix

--
Felix Endres                        Albert Ludwigs University
                                    Department of Computer Science