[ros-users] Installing ROS on Nokia N900

Sebastien Lelong sebastien.lelong at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 12:57:35 UTC 2010

Hi guys,

I'm new to ROS, followed ROS tutorials in lots of wonder, and now would like
to install ROS on Nokia N900 mobile phone. N900 runs Maemo 5, a Debian based
distribution, but lacks some ROS dependencies. As expected. For instance,
"rosmake" claims it can't find libapr1-dev, libbz2-dev, ... and rosdep can't
find log4cxx and boost.

Before I dive into cross-compiling missing dependencies, is there other
better options ? Is there anybody who already did this ? I've found a
slideshow about N900 + ROS but no link...

TIA
Cheers,
Seb
--