[ros-users] ROS Ubuntu Package Mirror

Juergen Hess hess at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Jun 24 13:42:51 UTC 2010

Hi ROS-users,

we set up a permanent ROS Ubuntu package mirror for Freiburg
(ros.informatik.uni-freiburg.de) because the download of the packages is slow
over here due to the distance to the server and the packages are quite large.
We mirror all binary Ubuntu ROS packages.

You are welcome to use our mirror server also. I guess it would mostly benefits
people in Europe.

Instructions for changing to our mirror site are available at:
http://ros.informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Basically, you just need to change the repository to our mirror and update the
package list. For Ubuntu Karmic this would be:

1. sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://ros.informatik.uni-
freiburg.de/packages/ros/ubuntu karmic main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ros-
latest.list'

2. sudo apt-get update

If you experience any problems with changing to our mirror or something
else does not work as expected, please let me know.

Juergen

--
Juergen Hess

Albert-Ludwigs-University