[ros-users] problems, possibly solved, with pr2_tuck_arms_action

Michael Styer michael at styer.net
Mon Jun 28 23:23:59 UTC 2010

Hello,

I've been learning ROS and the PR2 software this week and last at Bosch
RTC. Today I've been looking at the pr2_tuck_arms_action node in
pr2_common_actions. I couldn't figure it out for a while because it
didn't have a help option, and it didn't exit at the end when it was
supposed to. So I looked into it a bit and I've written a version that
adds a help option and calls rospy.signal_shutdown(...) (instead of
exit()) to quit.

So I have a quick question -- is that the right way to force shutdown of
a node? The script called exit() before, which didn't seem to work, but
is there another method I should use?

Then, if it would be useful, I can share my revised script, or a diff --
just let me know what the standard procedure is.

Thanks!

Mike