[ros-users] stereo_image_proc private methods

Antons Rebguns anton at email.arizona.edu
Wed Jun 30 20:37:09 UTC 2010

Hello folks,

I have been rewriting drivers for Videre Stereo cameras (both regular and
STOC types) to reuse existing code as much as possible, the old driver had a
bunch of code that is already available in OpenCV or other ROS packages.
E.g. I am using debayring and rectification methods from image_proc and
point cloud calculation routines calculatePoints and calculatePoints2 from
stereo_image_proc. The problem is these latter methods are marked private,
is there a chance we could make these public since they don't keep any state
or depend on other state variables in the StereoProcessor class and thus can
be reusable?

Thanks,
Anton