[ros-users] rosmake --dist?

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Tue Jun 1 17:30:47 UTC 2010

Hi Bill,

As others have mentioned,  you shouldn't run cmake directly, and especially
shouldn't do so outside the build directory.  The way that we invoke cmake
from make is a little clunky, but it ensures a common entry point to every
package.  Geoff Biggs has done some work on getting rid of our use of make,
replacing it with a portable Python system, but that's not quite ready yet.

To your original question, 'make clean ' should prepare a package for
initial checkin.

    brian.