[ros-users] gmapping Scan Matching Failed

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Thu Jun 3 20:44:10 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 10:07 AM, Dan Lazewatsky
<lazewatskyd at cse.wustl.edu> wrote:
> I'm using gmapping to create some maps and getting a lot of messages
> saying "Scan Matching Failed, using odometry" which is a bit
> worrisome. Does anyone know what could be causing this and how I might
> go about resolving it?

If it only happens sometimes, it might not be a problem.  If it
happens very frequently, then I would guess that something's wrong
with the incoming laser data or the associated transforms.  Have you
tried visualizing the laser data in rviz, in the odometric frame?

	brian.