[ros-users] PR2 Remote Laboratory Experiments

Sarah Osentoski sosentos at cs.brown.edu
Thu Jun 3 20:50:44 UTC 2010

Hi Adam,

I know that the Brown group is very excited by this idea.  A shared
test bed for domestic service tasks, like those you mentioned, would
be an excellent community resource.

Our group is particularly interested in performing learning from
demonstration experiments in such environments.  This would most
likely require a way for users to remotely and interactively
demonstrate tasks directly on the robot.

We are also be interested in how reporting/output would be returned
when algorithms are tested.  It seems like rosbags from the PR2 could
get prohibitively large, at least in the current form.  Additionally,
would the results from tested algorithms on specified tasks be
available to the community?

This could potentially address many of the issues the community has
faced in terms of reproducibility.  Could you provide more specifics
about what Bosch is planning in terms of space, bandwidth, the user
interface, etc.?

Sarah Osentoski
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Department of Computer Science, Brown University
http://www.cs.brown.edu/~sosentos/