[ros-users] SetPose3d(name, pose) equivalent in ROS Gazebo

John Hsu johnhsu at willowgarage.com
Fri Jun 4 18:46:46 UTC 2010

Hi Yatish,

Starting with gazebo in latest (c-turtle to be) distro, we are wrapping
gazebo as a ros node, exposing various services and topics api's.  Here's a
tutorial using ros services and topics for manipulating simulation:

http://www.ros.org/wiki/simulator_gazebo/Tutorials/Gazebo_ROS_API

This is work in progress as labeled, please let me know if you find any
problems.

In boxturtle, it's a bit more contrived, but the basic steps are described
here:

http://www.ros.org/wiki/simulator_gazebo/Tutorials/ManipulatingObjectsInTheWorld

hope this helps,
John