[ros-users] Gazebo and ROS

David Feil-Seifer david.feilseifer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 03:54:20 UTC 2010

We haven't officially released it yet, but if you go to the
usc-ros-pkgs repository in trunk, the p2os_urdf package has a model
for the pioneer3dx that is visualizable in rviz. It is not yet made to
work in gazebo, right now, it would just be an immobile block.
However, I would be happy to give you developer access to add this
capability.

As for nav behavior, in the gmapping package, there is a launch file
for having the robot explore the environment and build a map. Examples
for doing this with a real pioneer using the p2os node can be found in
the p2os_driver package.

-Dave