[ros-users] Need Help Installing ROS in Cygwin on Windows

Karl Muecke karl.muecke at ni.com
Wed Jun 9 16:53:07 UTC 2010

Thanks for the tip.  I found out there was a character in my $PATH that
the installer didn't like.  I ended up redefining $PATH in setup.sh
instead of appending to it in order to get rid of some unrelated Windows'
paths.  I had put in something already to handle the spaces by
substituting and escape character, but the installer/make/w/e did not like
"(".  There are quite a few on my 64 bit machine since Windows creates a
Program Files (x86) folder.

Karl