[ros-users] Wireless router/card recommendations

Cedric Pradalier cedric.pradalier at mavt.ethz.ch
Thu Jun 10 06:11:54 UTC 2010

On 06/10/2010 02:36 AM, Antons Rebguns wrote:
> Hello ROS users,
>
> We are updating our networking setup and I was wondering what other
> people/labs use on their robots? Something that is well supported in
> Linux and is fast, since network traffic is pretty significant with
> all the sensors/cameras running on the robot.
>
> Thanks,
> Anton

Hello Anton,

If space/power is not a serious issue, I often use a small access-point
directly installed on the robot, either in access-point mode, or in
client mode depending on my infrastructure, and then connect it to my
onboard pc via cable.

There might be a performance loss (I never measured), but the
reliability and setup simplicity are greatly improved.

HTH

--
Cedric
- http://www.asl.ethz.ch/people/cedricp