[ros-users] Player or ROS?

Anaré anterma at ozu.es
Thu Jun 10 07:52:13 UTC 2010

Hello!

I'm Anterma. I'm new in this mailing list.
I've a small robot with sensors (for example, IR) and motors.
I want to work with my robot using a robot operating system, like Player
or ROS. I don't know which one choose.
I used to work with Player 2.0.5. I changed erratic driver and made it to
work with my own protocol.
Now I want to develop my own Player driver or ROS driver.
Can you help me?
What do you think?
Is easier to develop a Player driver or a ROS driver?
Do you know if there are some documentation about how to develop a Player
driver?
Do you know if there are some documentation about how to develop a ROS
driver?
If you where in my situation, which oen do you choose?

Thank you,

Anterma