[ros-users] Bumblebee2 v1.0 release

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 18:12:24 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Renato Samperio
<mintaka_alnitak at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Soonhac Hong,
>
> I am unable to see images from the bumblebee2 package. Our camera is a
> bumblebee2 BB2-08S2C 3.8 mm. For running the node, I use the commands:
>
> $ roslaunch bumblebee2 Bumblebee2.launch
> $ rosrun image_view image_view image:=/bumblebee2/left/image_raw
> $ rosrun image_view image_view image:=/bumblebee2/right/image_raw
>
> After executed, I get a couple of windows to the "image_raw" service with a
> gray screen and without any image. By using Coriander I could see that the
> mode DC1394_VIDEO_MODE_640x480_MONO16 that you added is not active.

I had implemented this mode in a more recent version of the camera1394
driver, only to discover that the ROS image pipeline currently does
not handle mono16 data properly. Maybe that will start working in
D-turtle, but not right now (in latest).

I recommend using one of the mono8 modes, instead.
--
 joq