[ros-users] Hokuyo URG-04LX on serial

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Thu Jun 10 19:18:39 UTC 2010

hi Armin,

A few years ago, I added support for using the URG-04LX over serial to
the original Player driver for that device.  I was able to talk to it
via serial from a Gumstix board
(http://www.ai.sri.com/~gerkey/roomba/index.html).  Since then, that
driver migrated to Gearbox (http://gearbox.sourceforge.net/).  I would
guess that the serial support survived the move; if not, there's some
older version of Player with a driver that will work for you.  One way
or the other, you should be able to figure out what needs to be added
to the ROS driver.

	brian.