[ros-users] Python cv_bridge

James Bowman jamesb at willowgarage.com
Fri Jun 11 03:14:34 UTC 2010

Thanks for the patch, I'll take a look.

The OpenCV online documentation corresponds to the latest version of OpenCV.

The numpy integration features were added to OpenCV after the ROS boxturtle
release, so are not present boxturtle's vision_opencv.

However, *latest* vision_opencv does have the feature, as will c-turtle.
(Also in this OpenCV, the cv module has the __version__ attribute, which I
find useful to avoid confusions:
>>> import cv
>>> cv.__version__
'$Rev: 3057 $'

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 6:40 PM, Advait Jain <advait at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:

> Attached is a patch that seems to work for desired_encoding =
> 'passthrough'.
>
> Also, from the opencv python cookbok there should be a cv.fromarray to go
> from cvMat to numpy array. I don't see this in the vision_opencv-1.0.3.
> What version of the vision_opencv stack does the online documentation
> correspond to?
>

> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 9:00 PM, Advait Jain <advait at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
> > In the python implementation of cv_bridge the imgmsg_to_cv function
> > returns a CvMat object instead of an IplImage. This is different from the
> > documentation and the C++ implementation. Is this intentional or a bug?
> >
> > Advait

J.