[ros-users] cturtle's Gazebo Crashing with Ogre error

William Woodall wjwwood at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 21:45:38 UTC 2010

My coworker and I have discovered that it is a permissions problem, running
roslaunch gazebo_worlds empty_world.launch as root allows gazebo to run
normally.

We are still looking into why that is, but I can only guess that it is
because the location of the binaries are not writable by normal users.

I would like to see if you can reproduce this result.

Thanks,

William Woodall
Graduate Software Engineering
Auburn University