[ros-users] Hokuyo URG-04LX on serial

Blaise Gassend blaise at willowgarage.com
Mon Jun 14 16:13:26 UTC 2010

Hi Armin,

I'm guessing that a baud rate mismatch might be the problem. Currently
hokuyo_node makes no attempt to connect to the laser at the correct baud
rate, as that isn't relevant in the USB case.

Looking at the player driver as Brian has suggested may help there. Let
me know what you figure out, this would probably be a pretty easy
addition to the hokuyo_node.

Have you tried using picocom or some other serial terminal to try
sending commands to the laser directly? For example VV (followed by
return) should get the laser version.

Cheers,
Blaise