[ros-users] communicating with windows

Aaron Solochek aarons-ros at aberrant.org
Tue Jun 15 14:04:52 UTC 2010

Yeah, I've read that.  It addresses getting ROS running on windows,
which is not what I want to do.  I don't need a complete ROS environment
on windows.  All I need is to communicate with a ROS network.

My question is whether it will be fairly straight forward to emulate a a
very simple ROS node on windows (capable of sending joystick commands),
or if that will be complicated enough that I'm better off doing
something proprietary for the windows<->ROS communication link.

To be clear, I'm talking about trying to implement the bare minimum
required to appear as a ROS node to roscore (running on another machine)
from scratch in C#.

-Aaron