[ros-users] Bad performances with cameradc1394

Patrick Beeson beeson.p at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 19:59:55 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Blaise Gassend <blaise at willowgarage.com> wrote:
> There is an image_view in the rviz package that might be faster. (no
> guarantee)

It is extremely quick and easy to see that viewing an image using
"rosrun rviz image_view" uses 3 times more CPU than using "rosrun
image_view image_view".   I don't remember this being the case in
earlier versions of rviz, where I could watch a camera stream and a 3D
lidar stream at the same time using just rviz (I can no longer do
this).  Now, I have to look at 3D lidar data in rviz and watch camera
streams separately, but running 'rosrun image_view image_view'.  This
seems to be a pretty important flaw in rviz.